Tuesday 21 June 2011

Perseverance Makes The Heart Grow Fonder.

My high-flying call centre career has prevented me from producing a sequel to my oh-so-popular first blog, but never fear I have found five spare minutes in my non-life with which to share another tragic anecdote.

So I decided to keep going with www.plentyoffish.com in the naive hope that Prince Charming might fall into my lap...or my inbox. And my faith appears to have paid off as I'm currently texting a lovely young gentleman who is also a member of the website. When I say lovely, I mean that he can hold an intelligent conversation and hasn't yet asked my bra-size - an aspect of my personality that seems to be very important to many of the other men I've encountered online recently. My flatmate Ashlee put the frighteners on me the other night with a lecture about the dangers of internet dating, but I don't intend to rush into anything...especially not before I get the police checks back.

A past flame has also been texting me a little bit recently, although he assures me his intentions are all above board. This particular species of the male human race has previously professed to not having female friends as he didn't like to be 'in the friendzone' with girls. I find the concept of 'the friendzone' quite interesting. Apparently it applies to guys who are friends with girls, but only because they either want something more to happen or hope that one day something might just happen. It's a bit like getting in an undetermined queue, where there is only a small possibility they will make it to the front. Girls are of course blithely unaware of this social policy according to my man-friend but again I think that is a very rash claim. Girls are, above all, very good at getting what they want. And if attaining what they want requires popping a few lads in 'the friendzone' then so be it. And more fool the boys.

On a different note, I went out for dinner tonight with an old friend of mine called Kerrie and it was the best laugh I've had in ages. Her romantic life is no more straightforward than mine, and it's lead me to come to the conclusion that attaining love is meant to be a struggle as it's the most rewarding thing you'll ever be lucky enough to attain. Everyones got dues to pay but seriously Cupid, if you're listening...pull your finger out eh?!

No comments:

Post a Comment